Do you know what’s good for you? What nourishes your soul? Keeps you sane, happy and balanced?
I’m sure you do, deep down, even if you haven’t done these wonderful things for a
But if you don’t, why not start experimenting with one new thing a week until you find your thang:
- Go for a 20-minute walk in the park you drive past every day on your way home from work. Listen to the birds and the wind in the trees and ground yourself before starting your evening routine.
- Make an uplifting playlist on Spotify of all your old, favourite (and cheesy!) tunes and listen to them instead of the depressing news on the radio.
- Sing and dance to
saidplaylist in the kitchen while making dinner.
- Sign up for a course at the local adult education centre (win-win: learn something new and meet interesting, like-minded people).
- Arrange a weekly coffee date (real or virtual) with a dear friend who “gets” you.
- Go to bed half an hour earlier during the week.
- Listen to a guided meditation or hypnotic programming audio while the house is quiet in the early morning to set you up for the day.
If you do already know what nourishes your soul, that’s fantastic!
Don’t Stop When You Get Enough
But how often do you actually DO what makes you feel good?
I’m guessing if you’re anything like me in the not-so-distant past, that you stop practising what’s good for you when you feel better.
You stop doing the soul-nourishing things when your routine changes or your motivation flags.
But that’s crazy!!
Please listen very carefully, my lovely:
- Don’t stop when you’re feeling great!
- Don’t halt if you think you’ve “arrived” or “done enough”!
- Don’t falter when things are going well!
- Don’t wait for motivation to come knocking on the door, inviting itself in!
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
Come on, would you stay fit and toned if you stopped going to the gym once you’re satisfied with your fitness level? Of course not!
Keep Taking The Baths
(Loving kick up the backside) So, please start or keep on
- cherishing your mornings with things that nourish you.
- listening to an inspiring audio daily even if you’re feeling great.
- connecting with potential clients even if your books are full.
- writing your gratitude journal before you go to bed.
- doing what’s good for you.
- taking a bath!
Every. Single. Day.
Schedule it in your phone as a daily reminder if you have to until it becomes a self-nurturing non-negotiable.
And please note: self-care does not require you giving up the day job and neglecting the needs of others around you.
You know, if you look after yourself well on a daily basis, you are much better equipped to look after others (be they family members or clients).
Remember the oxygen mask instructions on a flight? Put your own on first before assisting others.
How Can I Help You?
If you would like to explore why you’re not putting your oxygen mask on first, whenever you’re ready, book a chat here and let’s talk.
I’d love to help you find your thang and reactivate your inner motivation and excitement to do it every single day. Look after yourself and your happiness, contentment and joy levels will soar!