Before I set goals for the new year, I love reflecting back on the previous one: Who or what are you grateful for in your business?
Gratitude is often underestimated but it’s oh so powerful!
- It helps you appreciate what you already have.
- It shows you how much you’ve achieved.
- It shines a light on all the things you’ve successfully ticked off your Be, Do and Have List.
If you tend towards negativity and quickly rush through your list only to put a dampener on your achievements with, “but I didn’t manage to do xyz and I’m not THERE yet!”
I’m raising my hand here because I still catch myself doing this sometimes despite regularly reminding myself of my accomplishments. Luckily, I can stop myself and turn it around pretty quickly nowadays 😉
Know that you’re not alone – it’s a common trait of high achievers and leaders.
However, taking the time to reflect regularly (how about every night before bed in a journal – three things you’re grateful for plus three things you can praise yourself for that day?) boosts your self-esteem, shows you in black and white what amazing things you’ve achieved and helps you appreciate all those who supported you in getting to where you are today – it takes a village, after all 😉
And at times like these, I remind myself of the words of the great author, political activist and lecturer, Helen Keller, (who was also the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1904):
Be happy with what you have while working for what you want. So much has been given to me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.
– Helen Keller
So, knowing how powerful gratitude is and the end of the year/beginning of a new one being a good time to reflect, here’s a selection of what I’m grateful for in my business and life from 2019:
- I’m grateful to my husband who has been a rock, as always. Thank you, my Schatz!
- I’m grateful to my clients for putting their trust in me, for the lessons I’ve learnt from them (I always learn so much from my clients!) and without whom I wouldn’t be able to practice the profession that I love.
- I’m grateful to the coaches and experts I’ve sought out this year and the lessons and skills I’ve learnt from them to grow my business and increase my success.
- I’m grateful to my hypnotherapy teacher who mentored me all year.
- Not directly business-related but oh so business-related: I’m also grateful to my gyno who, unlike my GP, didn’t brush me off with, “There’s nothing wrong with you. Next!” He found out the REAL reason I’ve been struggling with low energy and massive mood swings (and a whole host of other symptoms) this year – Hashimoto’s disease of the thyroid. Luckily, I started treatment two weeks ago and feeling like a new woman already.
Who or what are you grateful for in your business and life in 2019?
Take a fresh page in your journal or write a comment below and let me know! 💖
And if you’d like some help to clear your subconscious blocks and limiting beliefs to become more appreciative of the good things in your business and life, while striving for the next goals you want to achieve, please book a free consult call here to explore how I can help you.